Your air duct system is best described as an intricate network that keeps air circulating around your home. Dust, pet dander, and dirt can collect on your vents and coils creating a buildup for mold, bacteria, dust mites and a variety of other allergens to grow and thrive. While your air filters catch and trap many of these allergens, others can become trapped in your air ducts. According to the experts at Sterling Environmental Air Duct Cleaning, your air ducts should be inspected and cleaned every five to seven years to ensure the air quality in your home is properly maintained.
Signs Your Air Ducts Need to Be Cleaned
The following five signs indicate that your HVAC system and ductwork are not working optimally:
1. When you lift your vent covers and you see a collection of dirt and dust
2. Your return air register is covered with a buildup of dust
3. Your air filter is clogged with dust and other debris dramatically affecting your air flow
4. Your blower fan and motor are covered with dust and dirt
5. Your air conditioning coil is dusty and dirty affecting the ability of your filter to do its job correctly.
Truth About Dirty Air Ducts
Dirty air ducts can cause a number of problems within your home or business from increased energy bills to a range of health issues.
1. Dirt, dust, and debris can impede the effectiveness of your HVAC system. For example in winter your heat exchangers cannot warm the air effectively when clogged with dirt. During the summer months, your condensing coils cannot cool the air when they are covered with a layer of dust. Dirt and dust will affect your heating and air unit requiring it to use more energy to effectively cool and heat your home.
2. Dirt, dust, and dander restrict your air flow and the ability of the blower fan and motor to turn properly. When the air filter is full of dust, it affects the ability of your system to circulate air leaving your unit to much work harder for a longer period of time.
3. The longer your HVAC system has to work to heat and cool the air, the more likely it is to breakdown. Longer running time can shorten the lifespan of your unit by putting unwanted stress on your compressors, burners, and motor bearings to name a few.
4. Dust contains dirt but what you may not realize is that dust also contains a variety of microorganisms, pet dander, dead skin, pollen, mold spores, fungi, essentially turning your HVAC unit into a Petri dish of living breathing bacteria.
5. Dust and dirt can migrate around the home through the duct system so no matter how much you vacuum contaminates will continue to settle on the surfaces affecting the health of you and your family especially for allergy suffers or family members with compromised immune systems.
Benefits of Air Duct Cleaning
Your Sterling Environmental Air Duct Cleaning specialist will professionally clean and maintain your air ducts to help stop potential health issues in their tracks and save you money on your heating and cooling costs. Other benefits of air duct cleaning include: better performance of your HVAC system, increased lifespan of your unit, better energy efficiency, and less dust which makes it easier to maintain the overall cleanliness of your home.
Air Duct Cleaning in Oak Park, Madison Heights, Warren, Sterling Heights, Detroit & Southeast Michigan
To learn more about professional air duct cleaning services, contact the knowledgeable experts at Sterling Environmental Air Duct Cleaning today.