When you suffer from a dust allergy it can be frustrating. The problem with a dust allergy is that you don’t get reprieve during certain seasons in the year. You have to deal with the problem year round. No matter how much you clean your home, you will have dust that settles on all surfaces of your house. Sterling Environmental Air Duct Cleaning is here to share some tips to help ease your dust allergy symptoms.
Where Do Dust Mites Come From?
When you suffer from dust allergies, it isn’t the actual dirt that you are allergic to. In all actuality, you are allergic to dust mites. These microscopic creatures are all over your home and feed off of dead skin. Unfortunately, there is no way that you can completely avoid these insects, but you can control your symptoms by following a few tips and tricks.
1. Reduce Humidity in Your Home: When you reduce the humidity in your home to below 50%, dust mites can’t survive. This won’t completely get rid of them, but it is far more difficult for them to survive when you have low levels of humidity. As they die, their bodies can still cause allergy symptoms, so give it a month to see a noticeable difference.
2. HEPA-Filter Vacuum: When you use a vacuum with a HEPA filter, it removes dust mites from your carpet. The average vacuum filter doesn’t capture tiny dust mites and remove them from your carpet.
3. Allergy Proof Bed Covers: One place that you can find a great deal of dust mites is in your bed. This is because they are feeding on the dead skin hidden in your bed sheets and pillows. Allergy proof bed covers will keep them contained at least.
4. Remove Carpet: If you don’t have carpet and switch over to hardwood flooring, you will see a decrease in dust mite activity. You should definitely consider removing the bedroom carpets, since this is one of the biggest places for concern.
5. Dust With a Damp Cloth: When you dust with a dry cloth, dust mites are just going to recirculate into the air and land back on the surface you are dusting. Using a damp cloth with actually trap the dust mites in your cloth so that they don’t cause any more problems and are actually removed from the area.
6. Air Duct Cleaning: When you clean your air ducts regularly, this can greatly reduce the amount of dust that is in your air. You improve the indoor air quality and your allergy symptoms as well.
Air Duct Cleaning in Oak Park, Madison Heights, Warren, Sterling Heights, Detroit & Southeast Michigan
If you are interested in reducing your allergy symptoms, you can rely on Sterling Environmental Air Duct Cleaning to keep your air ducts clean and allergen free. You will see a great reduction of your allergy symptoms and can rest easy knowing that there are less dust mites in your home. We will work around your schedule to ensure it is as convenient as possible. Call us today!