Being able to spend time outdoors can be rejuvenating for the body and the mind. Breathing in fresh air provides many health benefits. Despite our attempts to spend more time outdoors studies show that most Americans spend 90% of their time indoors. It has been reported that indoor air quality is two to five times more toxic than outdoor air. So what can we do to improve our indoor air quality? Many of our customers ask if there is a benefit to using essential oils to improve their indoor air quality. Essential oils do indeed help improve indoor air quality! There are a variety of ways that using essential oils in your home can keep the air in your home fresher for your family.
Benefits of Essential Oils for Good Air Quality
• Eliminate odors: Have you ever walked into your house and been assaulted with a foul smell? Sometimes unpleasant aromas find their way into your home no matter how clean you try to keep your home. Common culprits for disturbing smells are your bathroom, pantry, or your kitchen. Diffusing essential oils can help get rid of the nasty odors in your home. Having nasty odors in your home decreases your indoor air quality so being able to get rid of them is a definite perk!
• Stop mold and fungus: Fungus, mold, and spores grow indoors on a regular basis. Each year hundreds of thousands of dollars in damages in homes are caused by fungus, mold, and spores. If fungus and mold is able to grow in your home it can cause allergies, infections, and other health problems. Essential oils are able to help you get rid of any fungus or molds in your home.
• Stop bacteria from spreading: Bacteria that is in your home is normally airborne. Airborne bacteria causes respiratory diseases and skin problems. The antibacterial properties in essential oils are able to stop the bacteria from spreading and causing any further damage.
Essential Oil Blends to Purify Air
There are certain essential oils that have more benefits than others when being used in your home. We will highlight just a few of them here.
• Tea tree and eucalyptus oil: These two oils are helpful for your respiratory system. They have also been known to kill the airborne flu virus.
• Lemongrass and cinnamon bark: Lemongrass and cinnamon bark are excellent at killing airborne bacteria.
• Conifer oils: Conifer trees like pine, spruce, and fir all produce oils. The essential oils found in conifer trees have amazing antibacterial properties. An extra perk of these oils is that your house will smell amazing in the winter.
• Citrus oils: Citrus oils provide numerous health benefits. They help destroy airborne germs and they also help your body clean the toxins out of your bloodstream.
• Peppermint, clove bud, and ylang ylang: All three of these essential oils help you breath better. They also help fight the effects of air pollution.
Air Duct & Dryer Vent Cleaning in Oak Park, Madison Heights, Warren, Sterling Heights, Detroit & Southeast Michigan
As you can see using essential oils in your home can help improve the quality of your indoor air. When you couple the use of essential oils with regular air duct and dryer vent cleaning you are helping all of your beloved family members stay healthier. Give Sterling Environmental Air Duct Cleaning a call today to schedule your cleaning.