Homeowners everywhere have started opening windows to replace dry, stale winter air with fresh spring air. This is the time of year to start spring cleaning. The garage, your closets and much more but it’s actually a great time of year to clean the air ducts in your home. Why is spring the best time to clean your air ducts?
Spring Air Duct Cleaning
• Air duct cleaning removes & helps prevent mold growth. Dust + humidity = mold. Think about how often you dust your home. Now think about the dust accumulation in your air ducts. When all that dust gets sticky from spring humidity, it can lead to mold growth. Spring is an ideal time to clean your air ducts to remove existing mold and get ahead of future problems with mold. It’s also very beneficial for asthma or allergy sufferers.
• Cleaning air ducts improves indoor air quality. With the arrival of springs comes allergies. Trees and flowers are in bloom and pollen is everywhere. The best way to avoid having them make their way into your home is to have the air ducts cleaned. Your furry family members also send fur and dander into the ventilation system.
• Air duct cleaning allows HVAC system to work easier. You will start using your heating system less and less as spring approaches. This is when we open our windows to give the system a break and is a great time to clean the ducts. When the system is turned off after winter you won’t have to worry your home become uncomfortable while the ducts are cleaned.
• Cleaning air ducts is cost-efficient. Having your air ducts cleaned will save you money any time of the year because your system doesn’t have to work as hard to keep your home comfortable. It allows your system to work more efficiently and last longer too.
When is the Best Time to Have Air Ducts Clean?
So, we’ve determined that spring is an ideal time to have your air ducts cleaned. But are there any days that are better?
• Cool temperatures. When temperatures are hot and dry it makes pollen worse. Keep the forecast in mind and plan to have the ducts cleaned on a cooler day.
• Rainy days. Rain is great at keeping pollen on the ground, in the trees or even washing it away. Rainy days are great days to clean air ducts because pollen isn’t floating around in the air. Fewer pollen entering your home makes for better cleaning.
• End of spring. When spring is winding down is an even better time to have the air ducts cleaned. Most of the trees and plants have finished blooming and there is less pollen making its way into your home through open windows.
Air Duct Cleaning in Oak Park, Madison Heights, Warren, Sterling Heights, Detroit & Southeast Michigan
When is the last time you had the air ducts in your home cleaned? Whether its been a few years ago or just last year and you are suffering the symptoms of dirty air ducts; take advantage of the spring season to have them cleaned again. The professionals at Sterling Environmental Air Duct Cleaning will make sure your ducts and HVAC system are brought back to like new condition. Give us a call today!